Thursday, October 28, 2010

Kleinmachnow Rambles

     Even though Kleinmachnow is close to Berlin, it has a small town feel to it. Once school is done for the day, I don't have much time to venture very far before I need to be back for dinner at the boarding house and to get notes in order for homework help time.
     Thus, I have taken the opportunity to explore the immediate area. There are some wonderful walking paths, all of which are bustling with bikers and town residents out for a late afternoon stroll. Kleinmachnow also has a small "downtown" area, which is laughed at by those who commute to the school from Berlin, but which I find charming.

 Why, yes, it does look a bit like Excelsior & Grand!

 Along the walking path.  I bet Germany has more leaves left on trees now than Minnesota!

 Graffiti-covered shack-type building.


 One of the walking paths ended here.  Very German-looking.



 And then I came across this river.

 I consider it an important goal to discover what building this is peeking over the treetops.  Maybe on my next walk.












2 comments: