Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To Pink or Not to Pink?

     For those of you who haven't heard already, I shall be leaving for Berlin in a few days to finish up my semester of student teaching.  Do I speak German?  No.  Am I thrilled about going to Berlin over any other place in Europe (the U.K. included)?  Most definitely not.  I do, however, recognize this as being a wonderful opportunity.  And I really don't feel like passing this one up.

     I will be leaving this Saturday (October 23rd) and I will return Wednesday, December 15th.  I have never been out of the country (besides really brief stints in both Canada and Mexico), not to mention I will be traveling alone the entire time.  I think I can handle it, though.  I mean, why not?

     So, I just completed my first rather strenuous round of student teaching (complete with overnight camping trip) and now I finally have some time to breathe, plan, and prepare.  You have no clue how excited I am to have this time -- if only that time wasn't up Saturday morning!

     Do you want to know what was seriously going through my mind right now?  Well, my luggage is an embarrassing shade of magenta.  Don't get me wrong: the luggage was a gift from my mother a few years back and I love it dearly.  It's just not very ... sophisticated.  At the same time, it's good, sturdy luggage that doesn't need to be replaced.

           Then, lo and behold, I found this image whilst doing a search for retro-chic traveling pictures:

                                                   Huh.  I can make that work, can't I?

3 comments:

  1. Great! We want to hear all about your adventures in Berlin. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i am fallowing you! happy adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the retro magenta suitcase picture :)

    Have a great time. I didn't get to Germany on my European adventure, but was pleasantly surprised how many people spoke English in the 3 countries I did visit.

    ReplyDelete